Looking for a “NOT CANDY” treat idea for your child’s Halloween party at school? Try these super SIMPLE, healthier alternatives. Ingredients needed: cheese sticks, pretzels, applesauce pouches, “mummy wrap” and black Sharpie.
1. Cut cheese sticks in half and make the sweeping part of the broom by peeling the cheese sticks on one end. This is the most time-consuming part of the project, but it doesn’t have to look perfect 🙂
2. Insert pretzels into the non-shredded end of cheese stick. Slowly works better or else they might split in half.
3. Sweep and eat!! Yum. Yum.
1. Wrap applesauce pouches in mummy wrap. I used ace bandage wrap, but a cheaper alternative would be white streamers.
2. Tape onto pouch so the mummy doesn’t get free. hehe.
3. Have your toddler/kiddo help draw mummy faces onto the pouches. Bonding time AND time-saving for mom. #winwin
Like these fun ideas? Follow me on FB for toddler tips, fitness, nutrition, motivation and other life musings: www.facebook.com/rootstrengthfitness