One year. It is crazy how much can change in just one year. I haven’t had anything drastic change in my family life (no new children, same husband thank goodness, no big moves, etc.). I am blessed beyond words as I look around at all I have to be thankful for. This last year, however, has been a huge personal journey filled with challenges, successes, and ultimately, taking a big leap of faith in an attempt to find my identity as “Callee” (not mom, not Chad’s wife). While those things are a huge part of my identity as “Callee” and something that I am incredibly proud of, at this time last year (and several years before that) I was struggling with figuring out what set me apart as an individual, how I was special, what mark I wanted to leave on this world. I’m sure a part of all of us will always “struggle” with this, but I needed to make a change. I needed to take a leap of faith. I just didn’t know what it was going to be at the time.
As a stay at home mom, the lines of personal identity are pretty much blurred into one big line called the line of mom…the caretaker of everyone around you but yourself. This line can become exhausting, and it is amazing how one big line can make you feel like you are being pulled into a million different directions (not always willingly). Now don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining about being a stay at home mom. That is the choice that both my husband and I made for our children and I am beyond blessed to get to spend every day with my kiddos. However, I was in need of something that could be “mine.” Something that I could incorporate into my daily life as a mom that would give me an “escape,” because while moms have so much love to share they need some love too!
Enter Beachbody. One year ago, I decided to take a leap of faith and sign up to become a Beachbody coach, after a long while of Type A researching (and probably driving my upline coach nuts!). I had done several Beachbody challenges as a participant. Drinking Shakeology daily made huge improvements in my health, energy, and attitude (major benefits to my husband and children…haha). The at-home fitness programs were the perfect solution for getting a GREAT workout done while living 40 miles from the nearest gym and having two young kids at home. The support I got from fellow participants and my own Beachbody coach (now my upline) were like none other. They became a “virtual” family of sorts, a place for me to share accomplishments, struggles, and goals. Being a challenge participant and using Beachbody products gave me a whole new sense of self and confidence, and also helped me through a hard time during college (pre-marriage and kids). Honestly, I didn’t need to do as much researching as I did to take that leap of faith to become a coach. It just made sense.
I could have the opportunity to:
1. Continue using these great products, but at a nice discount (family budget saver!).
2. Have a career that is flexible. I can literally be a coach from ANYWHERE. Still being able to be with my kids AND have a career opportunity…win, win.
3. Earn money to set aside for my family and our goals.
4. Share the gift of fitness and personal development with people. I’ve always known that I wanted to help people in some way or another. This opportunity came into my life and fell right into my lap. I love that I get to share the gift that I received, during a much needed time, to others! And what “job” requires you to work out daily, eat healthy, and read personal development every day to help make you a stronger, more confident person?
5. Be a part of something bigger than myself. The Beachbody community is truly a family. I’ve always been lucky to have positive and loving people in my life, but I have never been a part of such a big “team” of people that are so willing to support one another and see each other succeed. We are making a difference. We are helping people get healthy. We are helping people find out who they are. We are helping people feel powerful, strong, loved and CONFIDENT. Those are gifts that are priceless, and that is WHY I love what I am doing.
I’m only a year into this adventure and I have learned a HUGE amount about myself through helping others that it almost feels surreal. I have heard amazing things from some of my challenge participants that keep me pushing towards goals. The people that I am “helping” inspire me every day. How cool is that? I love checking in with my groups every day. I love chatting with people about their struggles and helping them come up with solutions. I love getting to celebrate with them when they achieve their goals. I love getting to be a part of such an amazing journey and I never want it to stop!
If this opportunity sounds like something you would be interested in, please reach out to me! I would love to grow my team and am always looking for people that want to make a difference. Are you a stay-at home mom that needs an income earning outlet that can be done from home? Talk to me. Are you a working mom that wants to build something over time that could potentially allow you to fire your boss and work from home? Talk to me. Do you love fitness and want some part time or full time income through sharing your passion for fitness? Talk to me. Do you have personal success using Beachbody and have people asking you what you did? Talk to me. Are you just plain interested? Talk to me. I would love to discuss this awesome opportunity with you! firstname.lastname@example.org
“We lose ourselves in the things we love. We find ourselves there, too.” ~Kristen Martz